About Skoy Cloth *Copied from their website*
'The idea originated when Michelle was living in Europe in the late 90’s. She discovered a product that was similar to the SKOY cloth and it was just amazing. Over time she found the cloth to be indispensible. When she moved back to the US, she realized that the use of a sponge was inadequate and the excessive use of paper towels, wasteful. Michelle searched and searched for a similar cloth and nothing even compared; nothing was of the same caliber. This is when Michelle introduced the cloth to Karen. She immediately fell in love with it and could not imagine cleaning with anything else.’
The original word is actually a Swedish word Skoj, pronounced skoy, that means "just for fun". The creators wants to make a product that you could love and have fun using!
One Skoy cloth saves up to 15 rolls of paper towel! They are 100% biodegradable and natural. They are reusable and machine washable.They also absorb 15 times their own weight.It is non-toxic, chlorine free, and made using water-based colors and inks. They are made from a natural cotton and wood-based cellulose pulp.
Use and Care *copied from their site*
- Wet your SKOY cloth before using. Be sure to squeeze out the excess water for optimal absorption. It can be used with popular household cleaners, but works just as well with water.
- Note: Rinse cloth very well when combined with dish soap in order not to leave residue.
- We recommend that after your SKOY cloth has passed its prime, it can be used as a rag for heavier cleaning. Chlorine-use is not recommended.
- The SKOY can be cleaned in your dishwasher and is washer and dryer safe up to 90°C (190°F).
- Another option to keep your SKOY cloth germ-free is to microwave it daily when damp for 1-2 minutes. This will also remove possible bad smell that is caused by bacteria. Remember your SKOY cloth must be wet when microwaving for best effect and to avoid risk for fires. The SKOY cloth will be extremely hot when removing from the microwave so please use caution and wait a moment. Immediately run under cool water to rinse.
- Note: Make sure the SKOY cloth is wet when microwaving to avoid fires.
- Warning: The SKOY cloth can be extremely hot when removing from the microwave.
I do not us a microwave or dishwasher, so to disinfect mine, I have to use my washer/dryer. But they don't hold bacteria as bad as sponges or wash clothes or old paper towels. Which is so nice! It's a pet peeve of mine to have smelly hands. Ugh. Worst thing ever. Skoy Cloth is one of my favorite finds because it's not only budget friendly (you can find the pricing here; http://www.skoycloth.com/index_files/shopping.htm), they are reusable and earth friendly. We have to take our garbage to the dump every 3 days so the less pile up the better for us! Plus they come in cute patterns with flowers, or sayings, or holiday prints. You can also subscribe to receive regular shipments of skoy cloth.
It's like a light weight wash cloth. Works great for any kitchen need! Here I used it to clean my counters, and it held up well to all the scrubbing. It dries super fast and holds up to a wash for disinfecting.
BUY IT: You can buy small sets, or get monthly subscriptions here; http://www.skoycloth.com/index_files/shopping.htm
WIN IT: Skoy has given me a second set of 4 cloths to give away to one of my lucky readers! The white flower pack pictured above. To US residents only please. Giveaway will end 5/12/11. This giveaway is mobile user friendly this time. :-) There will be no mandatory entry, but you must complete one, or all of the following for entries. PLEASE comment separately for each entry, include your name and email address in your comments.
- Follow my blog via google friend connect (1 entry)
- Follow TNS on facebook (1 entry)
- Follow TNS on twitter (1 entry)
- Subscribe to my blog via email (1 entry)
- Follow SKOY on facebook (1 entry)
- Share this giveaway on facebook (2 entries) Tag us!
- Tweet about this giveaway (2 entries) Tag us!
Skoy Cloth Website
Skoy Cloth on Facebook
TNS Family Value[s] on Twitter
*This is not a paid review. I received these items for free in exchange for this review.*